As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Oozing with Awesomeness from Start to Finish

Awesomeness infests my day, from the moment I wake up to when I go to sleep.
Waking up everyday to my four-legged beauties is like Christmas because they get so excited and jump all over me like I'm Santa... hahaha.
 They may be three totally different four-legged babies but they're so good together and each sports their own unique personality.
Awesomeness extends well into work at our club and everyday is different.
My member's hat is more ironically appropriate than he even knows and we've been pretty good at keeping the training floor cellphone-free.  Check your cellphone at the juice bar or risk me hiding it if I see you using it;)
We definitely encourage friendships and fun in addition to training hard 
-- yup, our members all rock.  Awesomeness is seeing such friendships form.
And awesomeness is definitely working with my favourite person -- my Snickers.
Awesomeness continues well after many of my members are asleep, when I was called upon by a returning member, needing some help getting back on track and refocused.

... awesomeness was the crazy delish claim meal he bought us too;)

No comments: