As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Scatterbrain Rambling... Saturday, October 12

I didn't do anything I was supposed to do, needed to do or should have done.  I stayed hibernated in my house with just a t-shirt on and all curled up beside Snickers.  Promises of coffee together was what got me out of bed but it only meant we moved from the bed to the couch.
 
It was awesome to do absolutely nothing.
 
Today's lazy day means that tomorrow I'll be super busy but you know what, I'm good for a lazy day every so often.  Being healthy and fit is a mind, body and soul thing.  I've got control of the body aspect of that equation and today was all about forgetting all that I needed to do and just enjoying a day off -- a mental day off.
 
Stress tried to interrupt my evening tonight when I found out three people had canceled last minute for my Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.  This means I now have to cough up an extra 105,00won out of my own pocket to cover them.... hmmm, ok.  I should be stressed about that but today I told myself I do not care.  That's their own messed up lack of manners, not mine.
 
Stress kiss my Polish tush.
 
It's funny because what many regard as stress is more like mini obstacles in my view.  I think it really depends on how you perceive life as being and handle the pressures of it.  A few canceled dinner guests and a dining room table I've yet to figure out how to decorate is nothing in the bigger scheme of things.  Darn, I'm hosting a dinner party with minus three guests now, "children are still dying in Africa" as my friend used to say.  Telling me children are dying doesn't make me feel better, of course not, but it does make you do a double check on how blessed we are with the life we have.  I still have no idea what I'm wearing tomorrow, failed to get my hair redyed and still have no idea if La Cubo figured out the gravy and stuffing, but that's ok.  Things could always be worse and really, are things so bad?  Would the absence of stuffing be the worst thing that could happen?!  Oh gosh no.
 
Life is great and so is love. 
 
After we left dinner tonight, we saw a couple spat on the side of the street.  Snickers squeezed my hand, we both looked up at each other and I was glad our couple life is not splattered with drama and issues.  I love him and he loves me, it's as simple and as beautiful as that. 
 
I'm totally rambling but that's what today was like -- scattered thoughts and endless conversations with Snickers about our perceptions on life and love.  I've been blessed and I'm grateful but I really have to step back once in awhile to take a reality check and see just how blessed I am.  We all are blessed but some realize this more than others. 

No comments: