As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Today's Self Fitspiration

Better than yesterday for real and not just talk or high hope wishing.
Today I beat my average pacing of 5.07min/km by a crazy cool thirty seconds and I was so stoked.  I headed out today for a run in the bright midday sun and had hoped to clock in a better pace than usual but was expecting a not-so-great pace because of the heat.  Regardless, it was my own fault for heading out so late for a run so I sucked it up and gave it my all.  I really try to take a NO EXCUSE stance on my own training so the hot sun and busy path weren't going to excuse me from training hard. 
 
Train hard, eat clean... repeat.  Only you creates YOU.
 
[Note the 1.89km run on October 3rd was HIIT sprint training... pure yuck!]

No comments: