As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Unexpected Total Sweetness

 It was definitely a day packed with unexpected sweet visitors and an equally amount of unexpected sweet and delish gifts of food with the first being K-Gere (my FIL).  He brought a Tuperware full of homemade raw spicy beef!!!  He knows the way to my heart is through my tummy.
The next unexpected visitors were my twin nephews.  They're getting so big but oh gosh, they're so cute.  Snickers' brother-in-law also came today -- he joined our club -- so while he was training I distracted the twins by training/playing with them.
 Gotta love how hardcore they go on the bag.  They may be only 8 but they've got the fundamental 1-2 down pack and are quite good a doing padwork.
 They're getting too big to both sit on me but that doesn't stop them from trying.
 And now that they're bigger, they want to try EVERYTHING at Hulk's.
I loved the enthusiasm of these little guys.  The more I clapped and cheered them on, the harder and longer they trained.  I'm sure they'll sleep good tonight!!!
Our last totally unexpected visitor today was one of our MIA members who is also a good friend of ours -- King Kong.  He's been so busy these days trying to put together a possible business plan for a restaurant he is considering so we haven't seen him much lately.  Tonight, not only did we see him but we also got to taste test a mound of food he cooked up for us.... holy delish!!!
He made us this massive seafood soup that was loaded to the brim with shrimp and crab, and surrounded with various side dishes.
There were six of us at this impromptu late night seafood party...
... and it was A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!
It was totally unexpected, totally a surprise, but oh so totally sweet.  It most certainly capped off a wicked day of unexpected visitors quite nicely!!!

No comments: