As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

What I Ate Today... Tuesday, October 15

MEAL 1:  Protein-Packed Pancake with a Double Espresso, 11am
Details: Would have eaten this earlier but I didn't have running today so I slept in.
 
4 egg whites
1 full egg
1/2 apple
1/3 cup of oatmeal
1 tbs of my homemade peanut butter
2 drops of Stevia in Hazelnut flavor (in espresso)
 
MEAL 2:  Mango, Mixed Nuts and a Steamer, 2pm
Details: Got to work early so after cleaning I ate this before members arrived.
 
1 mango
almonds
cashews
hazelnuts
1 tbs of nonfat milk
2 cups of water
2 drops of Stevia in Coconut flavor (in steamer)
 
MEAL 3:  Chicken Whole Wheat Spaghetti, 6:30pm
Details:  I aim to eat every 2.5 to 3 hours so I should have eaten this at 5pm.  We got super busy super early at the club so trying to prepare it got delayed.  Tomorrow I'm going to prepare an extra meal at the start of my work day so to avoid running into a similar situation.
 
1 chicken breast
1/2 cup of whole wheat spaghetti
1 head of broccoli
1 medium onion
1 handful of spinach
4 cloves of fresh garlic
1 tbs of extra virgin olive oil
pepper
oregano
 
MEAL 4:  Chicken and a Popeye Spinach-Attack Shot, 9pm
Details:  Sponsor came to talk to me so I had limited time to prepare something and with the exception of the chicken that I ate while making the shot, I had to make something I could eat during our chat.
 
leftover chicken from Meal
2 handfuls of spinach
1/3 cup of water
pineapple (in shot)
 
MEAL 5:  A Hulk Smash Shake, 11:40pm
Details:  Just finished doing my own weight training -- triceps, back and abs.
2 handfuls of spinach
1 banana
1 cup of water
1 scoop of toffee caramel fudge protein mix
 
Woke up:  10:40am
Went to bed: 2am
I usually eat 6 meals a day but today I woke up late and then went to bed early.
 
 
My Clean Eating Problems:
  1. Need to prepare meals beforehand so I'm not scrambling to put a meal together when busy.
  2. Need to lean away from blending things.  My Popeye Spinach-Attack Shot tastes good but I need to be more consistant with getting in solid food for all my meals minus my post-training.
  3. Need more variety with my veggies... but ohhhh I do love my spinach!!!
  4. Need to get more creative with my dishes because I tend to eat the same thing daily and tend to lean too much on simple meals.

No comments: