As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Bringing the Snow Inside for some Smiles

They say "blame Canada" but I blame the Korean cutie that came out to training today wearing the Canadian sweatshirt. 
No sooner did she arrive with her Canadian sweater but then so did the Canadian weather.
And not only did the snow fall heavily outside but it also made it's way inside, via a naked snowman.
Suited him up with a cute little face and instantly he was given life and popularity at Hulk's.
Even Pyen Chi liked him and she's been, well, quite the "Lotto Lady" these days with who she does and doesn't randomly like at Hulk's.
 
I think she got a bit jealous of Mr. Mini Snowman because her licking his head turned into her wanting to bite his head.  Snickers stepped in and gave her an overdose of hugs and love to calm her.
Then, after a couple of more shots, it was time to let Mr. Mini Snowman rest.  We weren't ready to let him "go" just yet so we made a nice little room for him and made him the unofficial security man for my chicken... hahahaha.
 And while Mr. Mini Snowman watched my chicken, hard training continued to take place and sweet sweat continued to drip on our club floors.

No comments: