As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, November 02, 2013

Pacquiao Turns ONE!!!

It was a very special day for a little long-legged guy in my life -- it was Pac's 1st birthday!!!
I first met his mother in 2011 and instantly I thought she was just so great.
She belonged to Mouse Doctor and lived with other dogs at his house but she was my favourite.
She's always been very affectionate to me and I loved her long sharp nose.
Then she had babies.  One of her little babies had a growth on one of his paws so we took him to the vet and then nursed his leg back to health.  Originally he was supposed to go live with K-Gere but, as the turn of events had it, I fell in love and just couldn't part with him.
On Christmas evening 2012, Snickers announced we'd be keeping him -- best present ever!!!
 Balbao loved having a new playmate especially because his playmate was smaller than him but it wasn't long until our little baby Pac became big baby Pac.
 And we loved him more with every day.
 He was just as quick to get bigger as he was to join in the trouble.
 And what once was just supposed to be a temp situation became a permanent one and we ALL love him.  He is very much a happy member of our five member family. 
We didn't mention anything to Pac about his birthday today.  We let him think we had forgotten but later in the day we surprised him with a mini surprise party and cake.  He could not contain his energy though, hence why Snickers had to literally pin him for a shot!
And what a good little boy he is. 
We presented him with a big slice of pumpkin cake on a plate but he refused to eat it.  I thought he didn't like it.  Turns out it was because he knows he's not allowed to eat out of anything but his own bowl so as soon as I put it in his bowl he was all over it!!!
He absolutely loved his cake. We gave him an extra big serving but check out Balboa, trying to swipe a bit of icing out of Pac's bowl.
Cake time gave the two of them "food coma" so for the next hour or two they were passed out on the floor.  He wasn't too tired though to wake up every time I left the room to go to the bathroom or kitchen.  He's my beautiful shadow and now he's one year old.

No comments: