As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, November 28, 2013

The Arrival of New Things and Happy Times

A box of Japanese hair dye with a doll modeling the colour, ya, nothing strange about that but hey, it got my attention so I guess their silly marketing worked.
The marketing on this new eye liner I picked up today provided to grab my attention too.  It reads "1 day tattoo", interesting.  Set out to test it today and gave the Japanese at-home hair dye a test too.
 So my hair is now ash... ash with pale blue highlights.  The blue highlights weren't anticipated nor do they really show in the pic here but trust me, there are blue highlights.
 Today I put up the official Hulk's advent calender and revealed it not only to WOW President but also to all of our members.  It's taken well over a month to prepare it and thankfully I had the help of two others to make it happen -- a friend that did the amazing artwork for it and one of my members who worked with me on translating an explaination of it (for our Facebook page and in club poster).  Many of the gifts I ordered off of iHerb so the gifts are quite foreign to most of our members.
Tying in Flipside Fitness (my former company), is Thundra wrapping up a gift with Balboa.  The Hulk, which signifies the Korean Hulk (Snickers), is seen on the calendar "making" Wow Man (aka WOW President), and standing beside them are Pyen Chi and Pacquiao.
The calendar now proudly is on desplay in our coach's corner area for all our members to enjoy.
Later this week we'll be continuing our Christmas set-up in the club but for tonight, we enjoyed the addition of our advent calendar and hosted another chicken party.
Putting up our advent calendar was the main excitement for me today but tonight, while some of our members and I talked about it over tea, I was surprised with some additional exciting news.

No comments: