As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, November 18, 2013

Working in a Winter Wonderland

 Being originally from the chilly mountains of Tibet, Pyen Chi was overly excited about the first snow fall of 2013. 
She even opened up the doors so to greet and eat the snow and, like an old lady, she sat at the window for most of the work day.  Taking her out for bathroom breaks was joined by her frolicing in the snow -- lots of spinning and lots of jumping.
To show my support to Snickers, I broke out my very first pair of gloves.  I originally bought these over 11 years ago when I started training with Canadian silver medalist Egerton Marcus at EMBA.  It was heartbreaking having to step away from my boxing to come here to Korea but it is surely awesome how it's made it's way full circle. 
Boxing has really given me everything and anything I've ever needed. 
I almost got teary-eyed today, watching my husband use my old boxing gloves in the boxing club we've created together on the opposite side of the globe where these gloves originally started.  Never in a million years would I or anyone for that matter have guessed these gloves would have taken me so far and given me so much.  Life is just too cool like that.

No comments: