As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, December 03, 2013

A Day of Snapshot Moments

 With a stacked juice bar of food, you'd think it'd be easy for me to cook meals through out the work day but no.  Once we get busy, we get B-U-S-Y!!!  I've resorted to cooking one massive quantity of food at the start of my shift and then splitting it into containers for my meal 3 and meal 5. 
Meals 2 and 4 are smaller snack-sized meals, usually consisting of fruit, nuts and veggies.  Meal 6 is my post-training meal, usually a protein shake.
 Showed these guys not to call me a softie anymore when I introduced them to the 'wonderful' world of circuit and pyramid training.  They said I made Snickers look soft so I said thank you.
 Not too sure on how to take this Christmas wish, written by my father-in-law K-Gere.  It reads "Young Bin [Snickers] bad, Amy pretty".  A wish is something you want so does this mean he wants his son to be bad and me be pretty?! I'm confused.
Low and behold, our first mistletoe kiss.  They had some trouble getting in the kiss because of the motorcycle helmet but it wasn't anything a little of practice couldn't solve. 
 Pyen Chi officially does anything now for sweet potatoes.  She'll pose for silly pictures and even wear her reindeer headpiece if you promise her sweet potato!
 
 Many say this is Snickers' twin but I'm not convinced.  Being Korean with Korean black hair and Korean small eyes does not make you a twin... hahaha.
Apparently they USED to look alike but I argue my "twin" is the better looking because of his cute cheeks (and by cheeks I'm not just talking about the ones on his face).

No comments: