As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Day ON Work, Not Off Work



Stopped by WOW Motors tonight for a quick chat with WOW President... and to say hi to all the pretty four-wheeled beauties.  I'm more of a trunk kind of gal and am still holding my breath for the return of Monroe Frost but I'd accept the Porsche as a Christmas gift.
We got to meet two new "coworkers" of WOW's.  
Looks like I'm not the only one who loves the idea of four-legged coworkers.
Speaking of coworkers and work, my lovely coworker and I had work to do tonight -- shopping and doing errands for Hulk's.  Technically it is our day off and couple date night, so doing errands for Hulk's meant me doing them in heals.  Snickers work his usual "work" clothes but made up for the lack of couple date night attire with an excessive amount of PDA and "Hollywood kisses" in the isles... hahaha.
Just yesterday we officially launched our first ever attempt at public advertising -- banners placed illegally around town.  The city tries to really crack down on such banners being propped up but on the weekends their government workers don't work full time hours so downtown becomes a free-for-all with banners.
Two of our banners got confiscated today, no worries.  We'll print up more and get them up.
Twice a day the coal thingy-a-ma-jiggy coals get replaced -- at 12 noon and midnight.  On Saturdays we let them die out and then on Sundays we start up the cycle again but not this weekend.  Just this past week it got so cold in the club that our olive oil jellified and our honey went hard (no, not frozen).  So today we went in to restart the coals.  Definitely easier said than done, hence the dangerous blowtorch action!
I let Snickers do the dangerous work while I snuggled up to Pyen Chi for heat.

No comments: