As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, December 21, 2013

From Santa Drinking his Beer to Us and Our Coffee

Was high fived by Santa today -- a painted on brown bearded Korean Santa carrying a beer.
I didn't know whether he was a walking advertisement, a display of slowly-but-surely public drunkenness of just sharing good old holiday spirit.  
Initially I ran into him around 4pm.  Saw him again at 7pm and then at 11pm.  Each time he greeted me but each greeting was different.  By 11pm it was official, he was some poor underpaid walking advertisement for a local restaurant who had drunk his way through a very chilly shift.
And while the downtown Santa kept warming by drinking his beer, I kept warm by snuggling up to my man on our Couple Date Night.
We headed out for dinner and then checked out a new happening coffee shop.  It used to be an old school kind of restaurant that I used to visit but now it's quite the beautiful coffee hot spot.
Check out the flower display -- poses as pretty decor but it's also a light.
From outside of the coffee shop, out on the street, you'd never know that once you step through their front main gates you'd be entering into this gorgeous private yard.
We decided to take our private Couple Date coffee break to the smokers room on the main floor.  Neither of us smoke and it was a bit chilly but with no one else there, we got to happily cuddle and giggle.

No comments: