As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, January 13, 2014

Random Shots of My Day

Of course I have to include a shot of my girl here, I mean what's a day of fun and work at Hulk's without my beautiful four-legged girl by my side?!  Exactly.
And of course I've got many beautiful two-legged friends too that are very important to my day.
A boxing club wouldn't be a boxing club without a healthy dose of sparring so we've got that too.
And as for our pool table, not exactly the normal thing for a boxing club to have but this is Hulk's, NOTHING is really normal here and that's what we pride ourselves on.
Here I am watching them watch themselves on the big screen -- post-sparring discussion time.
This is my day at Hulk's.
It's full of lots of super cool people, a ton of hard-hit boxing, an overload of intense training, and it's awesome.  This time last year, days like this were but just a high hope wish in my head, now it's a reality.

No comments: