As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, January 03, 2014

Sweetening up the Club

This was the original floor plan I had sketched out and, if you look to the bottom left of it, you'll note that there are two rooms to the side of what is now our juice bar.
Both rooms have been used as storage but, with the addition of a new Hulk family member, we've cleared one of them out so that we can make a bedroom.  Today, along with some of our K-Crew boys, we worked on a little surprise for T-Boy for when he returns on Sunday.
We installed some pretty sweet flooring.  It's still a bit ghetto but we do have a mattress for him now, a massive heat lamp, some blankets and a pillow, and an electric blanket.  Behind me, not in the shot, is a shelf unit with a small cupboard and the plan is buy a small night table and lamp.

No comments: