As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Tagline Needed for Emailing... Wednesday, January 8

For the past two years I've been using "Stay healthy, stay happy" as my tagline to my emails but, because I started using that when I launched Flipside Fitness and have since closed it, I am eager to make or find a new one. I also used to use "Gym nasty happy" but, again, that stemmed from Flipside Fitness. The problem I'm finding with coming up with a new one is that it's got to be very me but I've got to keep the "very me" tagline also professional because it will be used for all my emails across the board. Emails ranging from ones I send to clients, past, present and potential, as well as sponsors and friends. It has to be rather "smart casual", if that term even fits here.  Also, I'm not too sure if I want one that's solely directed to training or eating clean.  Am leaning towards a more general stay healthy tagline but it'd be great to get one that addresses both eating clean and training hard -- two main key ingredients needed to get fit and healthy.

These are the ones I favor...
Stay strong, live long.
Take care of your body and it will take care of you.
Commit to be fit.
Health is wealth.
Be consistently persistent.
Strive for progress, not perfection.
Be stronger than your excuses.
Do more, be more.
Decide. Commit.  Succeed.
Fit is not a destination, it's a way of life.

Then there are some that aren't professional but super funny...
Eat right and your pants won’t be tight
Eat your veggies, have less wedgies!
Sex, weights and protein shakes.
[Note I obviously won't be picking any of these but I couldn't help but include them in here for giggles.]

These ones are more Hulk-like...
Go green -- eat your veggies and Hulk out.
Go green, stay lean. 
Eat green, get lean, Hulk smash.
Train hard, be strong, think big -- Hulk out.
Set goals and Hulk smash them.

I still am very much up in the air as to what tagline I want to sign off my emails with.  I suppose I could always use the Hulk's club motto -- better than yesterday.  I love our motto but I'm kind of leaning towards claiming my own signature tagline.  Right now I'm leaning towards incorporating Hulk into it but I'm not quite sure which one or if I should make up an entirely new one.  

To be continued...



No comments: