As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, January 07, 2014

The Rebound Sweet Day

This was the scene I walked into when I first arrived at Hulk's today -- Black Skinny and a new fridge!!!
Snickers had opened the club at noon and I showed up after my run, at 2pm.
We've been wanting to buy a new fridge for the past month but haven't been able to because buying one just isn't at the top of the things-to-use-our-money-towards list.  But, thanks to my former teammate, now we don't have to worry about it.  Am so blessed.
And see those gloves at the back of the club, the white gloves on the floor, well they belong to Black Skinny.  Yet ANOTHER former teammate who has gone green and joined our Hulk family!!!
In the left picture, we've got our youngest Hulkies, and in the right picture, these Hulkies are brother and sister.  We've got some awesome Hulkies.  They are loved.
And for a most random pic here, here is me attacking Snickers.  This happened later in the evening, after most of our Hulkies had gone home.  Secom Security no longer calls us when they oversee things like this happen.  They know us too well now.  We may be adults but we're still very much immature kids when it comes to horsing around!

No comments: