As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, January 02, 2014

Today we Trained Hard and the Played Harder

With no official crossfit trainer today, Snickers and I were super busy juggling it on our own.
Kicking off the new year for Hulk's, tonight we had a sparring match.
Both fighters were fighting out of Hulk's -- Kato vs. Mouse Doctor.
And watch an action-packed match it was.
Each boxer had their own cheering crowd and new members to Hulk's loved it.
At 8pm, when the sparring match started, everything and everyone at Hulk's stopped to watch.
After the match, some of my K-Crew boys and I headed out for pool and food with the losing team having to pay for the feast of food we then went out to enjoy.
Love my K-Crew.
The irony of my friends here in Korea is that those who understand me the most and whom I love the most are those who don't even speak the same language as me.  None of these guys speak English and my Korean is by no means perfect but we always have such an amazing time together.
Usually our amazing times together include food... hahaha.  Tonight it was about $230 worth of food, courtesy of the losing team which thankfully was not my team.  And, I should note here, that this was NOT the only restaurant we went to tonight.  I left after this meal -- I have to work tomorow -- but Snickers and the boys continued on till about 5am.
Tonight's feast was in celebration of our first day of work for 2014 and it was filled with lots of raw beef -- love, love, LOVE raw beef!  We ended the feast with the only cooked meat for the meal -- a massive steak.

No comments: