As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Where's the OFF in my "Day Off"?!... Saturday, January 18

I have very much become as committed as I am excited and addicted to my job.  And thankfully I have been so blessed to be married to my business partner, my husband, who is probably the only one who would ever tolerate, understand, and accept just how much my job ties into other areas of my life... like my "day off".  

Dropped by Hulk's with Snickers to fed and walk Pyen Chi, and to check on the water pipes.
Took Pyen Chi for an evening run around the block.
Gave cleaning instructions to our cleaning kid and went over some finer details.
I then left to go running with a PT Hulkie who had asked me to teach him how to run.
Arrived back at Hulk's because the cleaning had been completed.  I anticipated changing the coal thingy-a-ma-jiggy but it was burning at a much, much slower pace than anticipated.
I then left to go do my own training -- a 8km run around Dankook lake.
Because the burning time of the coals were off, this meant we had to go into Hulk's to change it in the middle of the night. We ended up staying up until we had to go in and then we hit the sack after... and this is yet another reason why we've become such night owls, because sometimes we have to.

Today was my "day off" and I put that in quotation marks because my one day off a week never seems to be a day off but instead seems to be loaded with errands and extra work stuff that I couldn't do during the rest of the week. Today, Snickers and I had some business stuff to agree upon and figure out (Lunar New Year pricing), a business meeting, arrangements with Adidas for our "spring load-up" out in Suwon, a PT client to go running with, a cleaning kid to instruct, and then I had my own late night run to do. None of this left any real room for relaxing, that is unless you count being in the car on route to Suwon or after my run (midnight) when I then had to wait for 4am to roll around so we could change the coal in the coal thingy-a-ma-jiggy.

No comments: