As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, January 17, 2014

Pop Quiz Time

Which of the following is not like the other:
A.  120 eggs, delivered to the club and snuck in before I arrived.
B.  12 honey glazed donuts, brought in by a visiting Hulkie that just wanted to say hi.
C.  Oddang (battered fish on a stick), served to various members from the Chicken Godfather.

The answer... A. Why?!...

B + C are both high calorie snacks purchased by members (Chicken Godfather's son is a Hulkie).  And both are snacks that will last a minute on the lips but forever on the hips.  Ok, so they won't last forever on the hips but you better believe you'll have to work extra hard to work of these bad boy snacks!

The last time I had a doughnut was roughly 9 years ago, when I was in Myungdong with the Ex and Krispy Kreme had just opened up.  They were handing out free doughnuts and I took it out of curiosity, I have never had one before, and because it was free.  Nothing is free though and my sore tummy and sticky fingers that later left their traces in my hair was the price I paid for it.  Holy sugar high!

No comments: