As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Working the Streets and the Birthday Cheer

Spent a good chunk of the day approaching random strangers in the streets and handing out flyers for Hulk's.
Some warm hugs and lots of words of encouragement kept us going but it was the free egg bread at the end of it all that sent us home with a huge smile.  Thanks to the local street seller who empathised with us young entrepreneurs.
After handing out flyers, we then returned home for a birthday celebration.  It was a special little four-legged man's SECOND birthday and he was so hyper, the proof being in the fact that it was impossible to get a still shot of him.
Birthday cake for the birthday boy!!!
Happy birthday to Dirty Face Balboa Button.  May you have many more years of jumping up and down like a jumping bean, running around the house like a bat out of Hell, and many more spooning snuggles.

No comments: