As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Cashing in on Karma

Back when we first opened Hulk's, I placed this coin bank by our computer and called it our "Karma Box".
I tried to convince people that donating whatever loose change to it would bring them extra good karma.
Today we decided to break upon our karma box on account that it's full and you literally couldn't but one more coin in it.  Thanks to whomever put the $10 in it, wow, props and extra good karma to you!!!
Here is our main sponsor WOW, Kato and Snickers sorting out all the change.
And then for the big karma count... $106!!!
Thanks to everyone who donated to our Karma Box.  We'll be using some of this money for the Day At the Races, Round Three, for our banner and to treat our volunteer drivers to lunch.  Because we're taking about 30 participants/volunteers to the races, we'll probably have to get several friends to come just to drive everyone there and then return and drive them all home.

No comments: