As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Wickedness Ruled the Day

My day was pretty wicked and it started wickedly strong with an excellent morning.
After a great cup of double shot cappuccino with a friend, Snickers and I then took Pyen Chi for a walk.
Last night I discovered something -- a massive hole in the ground where a grumpy old lady used to live and used to yell at me about Pyen Chi's poop.  For the record, despite Pyen Chi being a double-bag-needed dog, I am not a bad dog owner.  She poops, I scoop.  But I don't scoop other dog's poop, so when she yells at me and insists my 45kg dog poop a squirrel size poop, I leave her yelling.
This is Tonka Smash, he got part of his interior done and is scheduled to get the rest completed -- orange leather!!! I didn't think I'd like it but it's certainly changing him into quite the manly man's SUV!
As for my afternoon, it was very wicked.  I had the day off so I enjoyed an afternoon movie with three of my favourite people.  Ok, so they may not be the two-legged kind of people you would have assumed me to hang out with but, none the less, these four-legged friends are awesome.
And as if lounging around the house wasn't enough of a sweet treat, I remembered that Snickers had brought me back coffee from Uzbekistan... and I still had some of my Tim Horton's coffee left!!!  
It was a toss up as to what to drink... so I had half a cup of each.

Finding coffee was pretty great but then I found something else... found money I had stashed away in an old pair of jeans in my closet -- $78.  Looks like I'll be able to buy those training tank tops after all!
And speaking of training, I finally got in a long run today.  My pacing isn't quite where I want it to be or where it could be but I'll take it.  I don't really have a goal for this upcoming half marathon besides beating those who are participating in it from Hulk's.
No sooner had I finished my run but I got a text message, a mini-Hulkie was wanting me to come train with her.  Her sister is away on a school trip until Friday and so I promised her I'd be her workout partner.
It's a good thing I showed up at Hulk's too, the place as absolutely packed!!!
Including me taking this picture, there are 18 of us here but there were another 6 members in the club -- 2 taking a shower, 1 in the bathroom, 1 at their locker, and 1 putting their weights away. 
In the chaos of the evening, two members managed to get away with smoking in the bathroom.  This isn't the first time this has happened but I made a sign to hopefully encourage it to be the last time.
Perhaps I'll be able to find a new toilet cleaner... my ears are ready and willing to sniff them out!!!

No comments: