As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Doing Big Things with the Mini Hulkies

Our juice bar snackies got reloaded today, with some very popular healthy treats being delivered from America.  Now days many of our members love the Raw Rev 100 food bars and the especially love it when I had them out as a reward for their hard training.
Veggie-Go's are a new thing I've added to our juice bar.  It's like the health-conscious adult version of a fruit roll-up bar but I claim it takes all that more delish because it's not a minute on your lips forever on your hips.
Yes, ANOTHER sweaty picture of me because honestly this is how I am for the first 4hrs of work -- super sweaty, feeling ultra nasty and smelly, but definitely Hulked out from training.
Not only did I do my intense hour and a half training but then five mini Hulkies came in for training.  And because me, being apparently the coach to the mini Hulkies, meant I had but just enough time to wolf down my food before I started with their training.
I made a club-sized obstacle course for them and it included such exercises things like tire jumps, crab-walking, skateboard gliding, burpees, and tricep dipes.
One of the exercises was a kettlebell walk where the mini Hulkies had to grab two kettlebells and walk the outline of the club.  I had put down two each of the 4kg, 6kg, and 8kg and told them to pick according to what they could handle.  My youngest mini Hulkie, he grabed the 8kgs!!!  What a tough cutie!!!  
Note how sweaty he got and how dirty he got too... he insisted on rolling around on the mat as a joke.
By the end of the day, this was the second time I had totally crashed on one of the front sofas.
Thursdays are more or less our Fridays because Fridays at Hulk's is all about free train and sparring.  And we always know when it's a Thursday because we wake up totally feeling the weight of the rest of the week on our shoulders... and legs... and arms!!!

No comments: