As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Having a Fabulous Day... Thursday, July 24

...and then there are those days like today, those days that totally wipe out and make you forget of the not-so-great days, like Tuesday when I felt like everyone's nagging mom.  I didn't exactly forget about the dying of our inBody machine nor did I forget cashing in my Canada ticket, but I did manage to put it on hold and simply enjoy the day for what it was worth.

They say good things come in threes, well coffee shop coffee greeted me in threes today -- my morning coffee date with a friend, a surprise cappuccino given to me by the little cafe down the street that was celebrating it's last day of business, and then my friend Stark showed up with coffee at Hulk's.  

Our club vacuum was fixed and returned today, something that made me surprisingly rather too happy.  I ripped open that bad boy box and was all too eager to start it up and clean up the club.  For the past week I've been slaving over the floor with a vacuum that is embarrassing way too small to be even attempting to clean the size of club we have.  It's practically no bigger than a handheld vacuum so needless to say it's been rough trying to upkeep the floors with such a tool.  But now the floors are cleaned again and all is well. 

A couple of weeks ago I ordered some super cool tank tops with fun fitness-minded slogans on the front. Today they arrived. 
  1. Today's to do: eat, work out, be happy
  2. Train insane or stay the same
  3. Move your booty
  4. Blood, sweat, tears -- rinse and repeat
  5. Sore today, strong tomorrow
Turns out I'm smaller than an American small size -- take that Korea for considering me "average size".  I no longer fill out the chest in shirts like before (am more than happy for that) so I definitely didn't fill out these American shirts.  Consequently, they were rather low cut in the front and also loose in the sides.  I took them to a seamstress to have them altered no sooner had I opened the box and tried them on.   An hour or two later she called to say she had finished the task so I was more than thrilled about that.    

A mysterious Hulkie donated some shower supplies for all to use and then another Hulkie rearranged all the shower products in the shower according to size -- I'm a bit blah like that, that stuff impresses me because I'm notorious for doing that stuff.

My full body crossfit circuit turned out to be quite the intense workout, especially set one where Hulkies were only given about 7-11 seconds of rest in between the four rounds.  My Monday upper body class was a bit of a bust but I'm convinced I made up for it with this week's other circuits, especially today's class.  In my satisfaction with today's crossfit, I've decided to make a commitment to hosting this week's crossfit challenger class at 6pm.  Usually we don't announce the weekend Free Train time until day of but I really want to get many Hulkies out to our weekend class, give them something to really sweat about.  

Today was supposed to be the day off training that never did happen yesterday but I did a full 10 rounds on the sandbag, kicked my own butt testing out my crossfit circuit class with my Elite Testers -- not exactly a day off training.  Now Friday is going to be my day off working out.  

No comments: