As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Birthday Day has Arrived and so Has the Cake... Cakes

Snickers' birthday kicked off with a special Hulkie showing up at the club and taking us out for a super special birthday lunch -- DUCK!!!
It's next to impossible for me to sneak one past Snickers considering we work and play together around the clock but thanks to two other special Hulkies we were able to sneak in a birthday cake.
Apparently we weren't the only one with the same idea -- two other cakes showed up.
What a spoiled birthday boy.  He said he didn't want me to plan anything so I really didn't but it was super nice to see so many Hulkies wanting to share in his day.
Ahhh my birthday boy cutie, no longer in his 20's.
He's now in his 30's like so many of us big kids.
And of course our four-legged friends got to share in the cake-eating event.
Snickers may be 30 now but just look at that face, he's a big suck when it comes to his four-legged girl.
My two four-legged mini men also got a taste of cake.
Soooooo cute... ya, and Snickers isn't so bad either... hahaha.
Cake was followed by a late dinner out with our sponsor and Hulkies, then it was off to a coffee shop for a birthday date, just Snickers and I... and two smoothies and one tea.
Birthday celebrations started at 11am and finished at 2:30am.

No comments: