As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, September 01, 2014

Always a Busy Start to the Week

Mondays are always anticipated busy days, with regular Hulkies hulking out and new Hulkies always coming in to sign up on Mondays.  So there's always a freshness that comes with Mondays, the first day of the week and the start of something new for many.
Today we had five new Hulkies.  Here's Snickers trying to train them all at once.
While Snickers was busy introducing new Hulkies to the fabulous world of boxing, I posed the 100s Challenge I did on Friday to my crossfit classes today.  
I adapted it somewhat, allowing participants to chose between doing the pikes or tucks and then Smith rows or curls.  I also designated who would do 3, 4, or 5 sets.
But getting out of sweating your brains out wasn't one of the options.
Pumping up some of the additional stability balls that arrived today was an extra "exercise" I gave some while helping to eat the bananas was something I ordered all to do.
A special thanks here to one of our long standing Hulkies, for trying to erase my frustration over the whole donut-box-giving situation a couple of weeks back and surprising us all with such a generous gift of SIXTY bananas!!!

No comments: