As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Always Something Happening

Both Snickers and I don't look so happy in these shots but we're happy.
Me starting my morning run and he getting a letter regarding the whole "punching-the-bus" situation.
I officially broke my pacing goal and he's legally finished with that whole messy situation.
You do realize that it's been over a year since the whole stupid situation, when Snickers fought that bus driver and punched in a bus window, happened?!  Dang Skippy.
Not sure what the heck was up with this at first but my sponsor randomly decided to hide money in with my recycling.  Good thing I was delinguent in taking it out today!!!
Not too sure what's up with the men of Cheonan but the women, woozers, they're kicking butt in my crossfit classes!!!  I think our club membership is at an all time high for the guy girl ratio with an estimated 60-70% of our membership being ladies... very cool!!!
...and speaking of ladies... 
I screamed at the sight of this, both out of excitement and envy actually.  
Today a young gal who is aiming to join the Korean national hockey team joined our club and she totally ROCKED her inbody with a fitness score that's on par with that of our main sponsor, WOW.  Due to him out beating her in the body fat score, she's in second place but wow is it ever so cool to have a fellow fierce female at the top of our rankings!!!
My workout buddy, sponsor, and two of the other top ranking Hulkies were present at the club when this situation took place so it was all the talk at the club among us.
Later in the evening WOW returned with what I couldn't figure out was some love or a bribe -- raw beef bibimbap.  Perhaps it was a peace offering actually because he knows me too well to know that today's hockey pro star fitness score meant competition between all of us at the top of the ranking just got all that tougher.  
Snickers headed out of town tonight for the night, leaving me with the 3 four-legged beauties.  I fall victim to them every time it's just them and me.  You see, they're not actually allowed to sleep on the bed, well only Balboa is but that's because he'll freeze if he doesn't sleep under the covers.  But every time Snickers is away these three totally leave me scrambling to find an inch of bed to sleep on.  Can't say I'm really complaining though, they do make for great snuggle buddies though I wish Pyen Chi would stop waking me up by sitting on my chest.

No comments: