As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Never a Lazy Sunday

With Snickers being both my business partner and coach (among the many other titles he sports), he with his sudden burst of boyish energy told me I only had two choices:  work or workout.
...so I left the club to workout.
I left the club with all my beautiful four-legged babies starring at me, waiting door side.
An hour and forty-three minutes later I returned. 
I returned super sweaty and super exhausted from kicking my own butt out on my weekly long run.  I sweat like a beast!!!
This week's goal of 45kms met; did a total of 47.67kms.
My reward for my hard training was a trip out to the ocean where we walked on the boardwalk and talked about business, boxing and the business of boxing.
Nothing like some free entertainment -- some young kids firing fireworks at the sky and each other.
Upon returning from the beach, Snickers wanted to read the last comic book in the series he's been recently addicted to so we headed off to the local comic book reading room.
It's got to be one of the strangest places I've been to.
He's 30 going on 12, I'm convinced of it.
I wore his "I love Superwoman" shirt, thinking it'd distract him but no such luck.
This boy is all about his comics when we're at the comic reading room!!!

No comments: