As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Hulk's Security is on the Prowl

My four-legged beautiful friends -- Pacquiao, Pyen Chi and Balboa -- serve as more than just companionship for us, they are also much needed security for our club.  Our big, abandoned building is an eight floor building with only us occupying one of its floors, the second floor.  The other floors may be out of business but they're not always ignored or vacant as random wild animals, stray cats, homeless people, noisy neighbors, and potential interested businesses randomly find their way into it.
Lately we've noted a nighttime visitor.  We assumed it was a four-legged, long-tailed visitor and so we set up two traps.  Today this was the scene that greeted me with my breakfast -- one of our traps that had been triggered off, crushed and left super bloody.  The particular trap is meant for a mouse but based on the state of it now, I can't help but wonder if perhaps a mouse isn't our problem but a bigger animal.

No comments: