As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Sharing Some Much Loved Rare Greens

More and more these days I find myself making random post-training meals for our Hulkies.
Just this past week I found brussel sprouts here in Korea, it was a first, so I added them to some of the meals I shared this week.
Of course it being a very rare thing to find brussel sprouts, it meant those who ate my meals this week had no idea what they were actually eating.  I popped up a picture of them on the Internet and most thought them to be "baby cabbage".  One Hulkie called them "midget cabbage"...hahaha.

1 comment:

Val said...

You can buy Brussel Sprouts online here in Korea now.

The URL is grfarm (dot) co (dot) kr

Much cheaper than in the supermarket.

Val