As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, March 30, 2015

Trying With All My Might to Stay Positive

What may appear to an excess of food being thrown out, I see differently.  What I see is all the times my in-laws showed pity on Snickers for marrying a foreign woman and showed up at the club with food for him... because heaven help a grown man have to cook his own food, right?!  Or heaven forbid I cook anything that's not Korean. 
 
To say I woke up in a bad mode would be an understatement here and the sight of all these random side dishes stashed in various parts of the club, ranging from the obvious like the fridge to the not so obvious like my beside my clothes closet, I decided to throw them out.  Snickers' family keeps on bringing them, he doesn't eat them, and seeing them continually reminds me of how they feel about him not marrying a Korean.  I don't need that crap in my club, not the food and not the negative vibes!!!
This was left to us by a UP Boxing Club member who once milked us for a free membership if he cleaned our club.  Turns out he was also training at UP and, given our relationship with that club, what he was doing was so not cool, neither was lying to both clubs.  
Today I posted this picture on Facebook.  Plan was to torture it and post another picture but I never did get around to doing that.
Dropped a chunk of unexpected coin on getting a net, paddles and balls for the ping pong tables we were given.  Twenty bucks for one paddle, proof that nothing in life is free.  There is always a catch.
Another catch to the ping pong table is perhaps the fact that members stay extra long.  Today two friends dropped by to play.  We finally had to turn off all the lights for them to get the hint.  We turned the lights off around 12:30am,

No comments: