As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Probably the Longest Saturday E.V.E.R.

With a truck full of Hulkies, we headed out of town for some live fights.
It was a very long trek to the fight location but it was also a very beautiful one.
Note here that this picture doesn't do the size of this mountain any justice... breathtakingly beautiful. 
  Today my friend Danbi was fighting so we sat in the bleachers and cheered loudly for her.
 Fourth round KO.
 Good job lady.  See, she may be little but she surely is fierce!!!
Next up on our interest of fights to watch was that of Hyunmi.  Her fight went the full rounds and ended with her scoring a victory over her Japanese opponent.
Congrats to both fighters here who are definitely putting Korean fighting on the map and proudly representing us females in the ring.
 After the fights we headed out to eat and then took the long trek back to Cheonan.
Late in the evening, after 11pm, Snickers and I headed out of town again.  This time it was to Dongdaemoon in Seoul for some late night shopping.  Tomorrow we'll be filming the talk show discussion part of the KBS documentary and both us agreed our wardropes were sadly lacking some decent clothes that are not for training.  I've got a billion exercise tank tops and leggings but as for regular pants and a simple t-shirt... yikes.  You know what, I don't actually own many shirts that have sleeves on them... hahaha.
Came across some Hulk stuff so you know we just had to buy them.
 And what's some late night shopping without some late night street vendor food?!  Exactly.

No comments: