As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, August 28, 2015

Going Hard in the Ring and Coming Out Better (but a bit beat up)

Had sparring with my coach today; 12 rounds with Coach Brown.
The fact that he's a much better skilled boxer, more experienced and about 60lbs bigger than me was intimidating but I knew he wouldn't go full force on me.

Some pics from our sparring...
He definitely challenged me and he definitely beat me up but he also definitely gave me such a wicked learning experience to better myself.
The post sparring shot.  I'm a bit beat up but super happy for the opportunity.
It wasn't until I got home, after the adrenaline wore off, that I started to the feel the effects of going twelve full rounds.  Thank you Canada for having frozen edamames!
In the evening I ended up getting the one side of my hair trimmed and by then my nose had gone red and was sore.  Injuries, comes with the job as a pro boxer.

No comments: