As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Happy Ice Cream Wednesday Everyone!!!

Good morning beautiful Canada... I treated myself to a late morning in bed.
When I finally left my house to go training, who should I run into at the subway station but a close friend of my family.  I used to go to church with his family and cheer him on every Friday night as he played hockey for our church team.
Ran into a second familiar face but this face was of someone whom I met in Korea.
One of my Hulkies moved to Canada to study English and as I raced down the street with dinner in hand before my Boxfit class I heard him calling my name.
I was so incredibly giddy at the sight of him so I insisted he come see my boxing club.
We met up a little while later, after my class, for ice cream together.
Happy Ice Cream Wednesday everyone... go out and enjoy some ice cream!!!
Headed with my Hulkie to the rock... this is like one of my newest favourite hot spots to people watch and just relax.  Sometimes I come here after boxing.
Last week I was here with my boy J enjoying ice cream and this week I came here with one of my Hulkies.  Next week I already have plans to bring one of my Boxfit gals.

No comments: