As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Ice Cream to Smooth out the Craziness... Wednesday, August 26

After being fed an extra big piece of humble pie from The Stick at training today, enjoying some extra delish gelato on this Ice Cream Wednesday never tasted so good.  I trained with The Stick today and it was as great as it was humbling.  Everyone needs some humble pie and I am no different.  He's as to the point and blunt as everyone says he is, wow.

It was a rough day.

No weight training today on account that I got into a confrontation while waiting for the subway yesterday and I went to the police station today as a follow up. 

I punched a dude in the jaw yesterday. 

"He touched my tush so I touched his face", was what I told the police.

What had happened was I was waiting for the subway when a man behind me took it upon himself to palm my tush with his hand.  I was totally manhandled so naturally I turned to see who had done it.  I basically carry all my boxing gear every where so I had my bag with me.  I also always keep my wallet in the front pocket so when I turned I put my hand over the front pocket zipper and hit him.  I turned, I hit him, he stepped forward, and my one hand that was holding my bag went into his junk, accidentally of course.  But then he started yelling, saying to all that I had grabbed his penis.  Never mind the fact he had totally grabbed my left butt cheek.  I told him to be quiet, he was making this massive scene, and now the subway crowd was all watching.

"Really?! Do I look like I really care about your junk?!" I yelled back.  That's when the TTC subway workers approached us.  Next thing I knew it police had arrived and were asking us for our statement.  There I was, dressed in my training gear, looking like a trouble maker with my tattoos exposed and hair messy.  And there he was, in a crisp business suit with a brief case in hand.  He looked maybe 40 but was super clean cut and quite handsome.  The fact that he was so good-looking was the weird part of the entire situation because he honestly can't be hard up for women who would willingly love to touch him.  I thought about lying and telling them I was a lesbian, hoping it would discredit his story about being the victim. 

Anyways, police took our individual reports and it wasn't until a bystander spoke out that I had any kind of saving grace in the situation.  He was threatening to press charges for sexual harassment.  I felt so embarrassed and it wasn't looking good for me because one of the cops clearly didn't think I was the victim.  He worded his questions so that I had no choice but to come out guilty, like when he asked me whether or not my hand had actually touched the man's crotch.  Yes, my hand had touched it because it was on my bag and the man stepped towards me when I turned.  But did I mean to touch him, hell no. 

So, back to this bystander, he pretty much saved me when he interrupted the police and said he saw the guy touch me first.  "He grabbed her butt like he was plucking an orange from a tree; full coverage with his hand on her rear." 

I should note that the fact that I hit the man never was actually brought up by the man in the report.  I was sure that would land me in trouble with me having my boxing license.  I am not too sure why he never mentioned it, perhaps I had bruised his ego too much, I don't know.  I ended up showing up late for training yesterday because of this and then again today because I ended up going to the police station to clear things up with them.  I showed up today wearing my regular clothes, looking good, because I felt I had been instantly judged and labelled as a trouble maker because of my attire yesterday.

No charges pursued by him but I did contemplate pressing charges on him.  I decided not to though on account that me hitting him and me having a boxing license could land me in deep water.  I'm not here to swim in Canada, or to drown for that matter, I am here to box.  Now lets just keep my fights in the ring, please.

No comments: