As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, August 24, 2015

One Long Day of Mixed Emotions

Showed up early for training and was the only one.
Ended up treating myself to a Timmies and chatting with Snickers and a long time Hulkie.  Them in Korea and me in Canada, very cool.
Returned home to eat lunch (a special lunch my agent had cooked up the day before) and then I got dolled up for a special family outing.
My nieces came out to Toronto today to join me in visiting my mom, their jaja.
And leave it to them to entertain us all with their adorable silliness -- Little R prancing around in my new leather boots and Big E doing handstands and cartwheels.
Unlike previous years with me being in Korea and family being busy, it was nice to spend this day together and be there for my dad as he visits my mom, the love of his life.

No comments: