As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Sitting Pretty in VIP at the Fights... Saturday, November 21

I got a text message today from United Promotions, telling me they had two VIP seats for me and a guest so I headed out to the Hersey Centre with my girl, the Polish Princess.
An expected 3-4,000 in attendance for tonight's fights.
...and my seat was the best!!!  
VIP seats were definitely an unexpected sweet treat but they made for an amazing night.
I went with my girl, not thinking we'd run into anyone, but then came along this guy, Left Hook.  He's one of my good buddies from Bloor West Village were I used to live before moving to Korea.  As it turns out, he was the ref for the main event fight tonight.  It was so awesome to see him again after all these years and play catch up.
Left Hook was who introduced me to my former Canadian coach, silver medalist Egerton Marcus, and tonight he introduced me to numerous people.  I met former Canadian welter weight champ, Donovan Boucher, and current Canadian heavy weight champ, Dillon Carman.
He also introduced me to Misha Cirkunov, Canada's top ranked light heavyweight UFC fighter.
I ran into my friend Michael and also got to see five time Canadian champ George Chuvalo again.  He's always so super sweet to me; awesome man.
Then I met this fan -- a new fan of me apparently.
He posed a bet to me and I accepted.  I won the bet and so he came around to the VIP to pay up and snap a picture.  I told him thanks for the bet and he responded by saying "I figured making a bet with you was the only way I'd get a picture with you."
Awwww... now that's a line!! Very sweet.  I did snap a lot of pics with numerous people so he's wasn't totally off with his statement.
The main fight was a show stopper and the crowd loved it.  My buddy stepped into the ring to ref it and both the Polish Princess and I cheered for my buddy, the ref, as oppose to the fighters.
The local boy won, Brandon Cook.  His opponent was from Argentina.
I got to go backstage after the fights and give my congrats to Brandon.  Still the champ!

No comments: