As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, February 07, 2016

Out of My Comfort Zone... Sunday, February 7

I know it's a hard workout when I come home and all the energy I have left is to take my shoes and coat off and flop down on the floor.  It no longer fazes my roommate, her seeing me flopped out beside my bed or me sprawled eagle, face down and totally unresponsive and motionless on my bed with my training gear still on.

ROOMIE:  You have a rounder bum than me and I'm the black one. How is this even possible? [randomly said to me as I walked passed her in the kitchen]
ME: I squat the hell out of my butt.


...true story.  I love them squats!!!

I need energy now...RIGHT NOW!!!

I totally got killed at a leg workout with two of my buddies -- the Asian Invasion Crew of 2.  They are personal trainers at System so you know it was a hardcore, legite workout!!!  At first I was hesitant with training with them because I hate looking like I don't know how to do something and I seem to make everything a competition so I knew that in addition to them pushing me hard I would be stressing myself to.  But nothing pushes you out of your comfort zone like training with some pro stars who have made a career out of weight training and training others so I agreed to train with them.  Today actually marked the third time we trained to make this happen, us training together.  The other two times failed but today it finally went down and what a workout too.  It was awesome to train with them because I think they're great guys and they really kicked my butt out of my comfort zone.

Outside of the comfort zone is where the magic happens!

No comments: