As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Refound Beauty in the City... Thursday, April 21

By the power of Twitter, I now pronounce you, Amy, and you, "Foo-Man-Choo", reunited friends after once dating about ten years ago.

It's true.  How strange is that?!

A guy I once dated back in the day randomly found me on Twitter and messaged me.  I had met him in 2007, while I was in Canada on holidays, and it was so wild how we went from being strangers in a club to suddenly roommates.  After initially meeting me, he had asked me out for coffee and I agreed.  He picked me up, took me to a coffee shop, but upon leaving the shop everything changed.  I had forgotten my purse.  It had only been a minute or two till I realized it but by the time I returned to the shop it was gone.  Someone had stolen it.  And thus sparked quite the adventure, not only with having to replace my passport and work visa that was in it but also finding a place to stay because was in that purse.  I pretty much ended up living with Foo-Man-Choo for the next while and he helped me figure out what to do next.  I seriously don't know what would have become of that borderline disastrous trip if it hadn't been for him.  That was winter when we met and then the next time I visited Canada it was a couple of summers later.  We hung out then too.  I haven't seen him since.  

Haven't seen him since and then suddenly a text message today!

No comments: