As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Testing Out my New Running Coach... Saturday, April 30

Kicked off training with my new running coach, Coach Madman, with quite the intense workout in High Park.  The plan was to meet at 11:30am at System and I anticipated us finishing around 1pm by which I'd go home, eat, shower, and then return to System for weight training with the Porkchop.  

Ya.... that definitely didn't go as planned. 

Instead, we didn't leave System till about noon, finished at 2:30pm, ate together, and then I went and had a much needed coffee with Ginger Spice.  I then went home and crashed for about a bit.  Woke up and was a definite no-go for more training.  I was spent.

This is going to be my Saturday routine from here on out?!  Oh gosh.  It's intense but I can't say I'm complaining.  Coach Madman is a super sweet friend and I let him definitely push me today at training.  At one point, when we had returned to System, I sprawled out on the floor as I waited for him to go grab some weights.  "I like this exercise", I sarcastically said, "let's do more of this till I get it right".  

He treated me out to a post training meal at Sunset Grill in Bloor West Village which for me was rather symbolic because Coach Brown use to take me to the Sunset Grill downtown.  No more Sunset Grill with Coach Brown but hello Sunset Grill with Coach Madman.  We ordered our food, he told me no carbs, and then he laughed as I pretty much inhaled my entire plate of eggs and veggies. 

No comments: