As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Too Pooped to Party

This man right here... officially earned the name Coach Madman today as he took me over to High Park and did running training with me.... AND THEN brought me back to System to do some weight training on legs.
High Park is notoriously known for it's beautiful rolling hills and gorgeous scenery.
But those "rolling" hills ended up being used for mad dash sprints so the scenery around me became irrelevant as all I looked at was the finish line.
Coach Madman had me do various jumping squats.
This was the worst of them -- jump up from the squat position and kick your legs out.
Even random people passing by stopped to watch and take pictures of this intense workout.
Training concluded with Coach Madman treating me out to breakfast which, by the time we finally got done training, it was more like a late lunch.  Regardless, I inhaled it.
[Look me up on Instagram -- Flipsidegirl -- to see the video I made of today's training.]
The plan was to head out tonight with Ginger Spice.  I needed to disconnect from feeling like I'm training 24/7.  So I got all dolled up and even left the house.  Plans foiled and I returned home to lounge in style.

No comments: