As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, April 09, 2016

Visiting Friends out in the Sticks

After my early morning meeting, I met up with one of my favourite people -- J-Doll.
We had agreed to meet at the St. Lawrence Market, which meant it was a sensory overload for my taste buds and trying to pick up what to eat for lunch was close to impossible.  
My mind said bread, bread, and more bread but my waistline said no, no, no.
Later in the evening I headed way out of town to my friend's cottage.
Arrived and one of my friends was cooking up quite the birthday feast!
There was food everywhere!!!
There were friends everywhere too.
And then someone started up a campfire... oh ya!!!
I wish I could have stayed for it but it was already after midnight and I had over an hour drive back into the city.  Next time though.  Next time I'll sleep over!!!

No comments: