As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Sweets, Sweeties, Sweat... and lots of Smiles

That gorgeous guy is my chiropractor.  I told him I only eat candy when I come for my appointments with him so he offered me the whole bag.  It was tempting but I only took 3.
After my appointment I headed downtown and this was the scene I encountered when I exited the subway.  I counted 10 police on bikes... wow.
Had to drop off some stuff for my friend so I swung by his office.
He knows my love of espresso is as strong as the caffeine itself so he spoiled me with two cups of espresso... nice!!!
My girl Madi works with him so me showing up was a surprise for her.
I cashed in on some hugs with her and she joined us for coffee... coffee and eggs actually.  Kind of a weird mix for them but definitely something that fits in with my clean eating lifestyle.
Gloves for him and coffee for her.... hugs, coffee and catching-up chats for me.
Then it was off to boxing where I then sweated like a beast training.
I'm sporting a beat red face from exhausting myself at boxing but I'm totally happy.
I love what I do and am doing what I love -- boxing in Canada.

No comments: