As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Taking Things Too Far... Sunday, May 29

I got my first death threat today.  I guess you could say me ignoring a crazed fan just got serious.  It's just one man's desperate cry for attention, attention he's not going to get from me beyond me making light of it here on my homepage.  I rolled my eyes at the message, noted his poor English errors, blurted out some Korean, and went on about my day. 

I haven't really written about him on my homepage here because I know no sooner will I do so but then my inbox will be flooded with messages from him.  In the first 6 days of him initially contacting me he sent me over 700 messages.  It's ridiculous.  Any medium possible on the web, whether it be my Twitter accounts, Facebook fan page or even here on my homepage, he has searched out and used to contact me.  No sooner do I block him but then he makes another ID and messages me.  

My coaches at Clancy's Boxing are well aware of the situation and have kept a close eye on me, so has Coach Perez and my running coach, Coach Madman.  The front desk assistants and trainers at System have all been briefed about it too.  Many say I should go to the police and I have.  Others say I should just ignore him.  I've done that too.  And then there are particular friends and fans who want to take matters into their own hands and have urged me to release his name and contact info to them so they can return the harassment.  I have a friend who wants to actually fly down to where this particular fan lives and confront him.  I don't think it needs to go that route and I don't support that route but it's so very tempting.  When this particular fan threatened to come to Canada and "take down System Fitness brick for brick", some big boys I know showed up at the airport and waited for him.  He was a no show.

Tomorrow marks the start of week eight of this particular fan bothering me and today I woke up to a death threat today from him.  He told me I was dead and then he described how he hopes I'll die.  That's messed up. 

No comments: