As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Training Hard and Disconnecting

Yesterday's little four-legged hero showed up for more kisses and more motivation.
I don't usually head into the boxing club for training on the weekends.  Usually I do my road work with my running coach and then hit up System Fitness for weight training but today Coach Perez had me come in for sparring.
Today's sparring is anticipated to be my last sparring here in Canada before I head out to Mexico for my fight so it was only appropriate that we saved the best for last -- sparred five rounds with my coach.
It's been a long time no see but today I finally got a chance to meet up 
with one of my most favourite of favourite people, J-Doll.
We had coffee, chatting each other's ears off, and then I walked with him to his gym.
I then left and headed towards System for my own workout.
TEAM OFFENSIVE!!!
That's right baby... hashtag Google me! Inside joke there, don't worry.
Thanks to my Ginger Spice for joining me with today's workout.  She's fierce, she's fabulous, and she's simply amazing.  Love this lady.
Disconnection right here -- a good friend, a motorcycle and no real destination.
Stopped by the lake downtown; the Toronto skyline is so beautiful.
Barbados on the Water was the festival happening tonight so we checked that out too.
But basically we stuck to making fun of each other, lounging around downtown 
and racing on the bike.

No comments: