As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

What I'll Probably Remember... Wednesday, May 25

A lot went down today and sitting here, writing this homepage entry later than I'd like to admit it, I was thinking about how I'd remember this day, if I even do that is, many years later.

I could remember today as being the day I sparred five rounds with Canada's four time Ringside Champion.  We were suppose to go for four but then we added on another round.  She gave me a pair of her old boxing boots to train in because mine are getting kind of sad.  Meeting and then sparring with her was a good piece of humble pie but also so very inspiring too.

I could remember today as being the day I was joined for dinner by an incredibly gorgeous Asian sweetheart.  It was a beautiful meal at a beautiful restaurant with a beautiful man and the only way possible it would have been a better meal out together was if I didn't feel so out of place in the girls coral dress I wore for the occasion.

I could remember today as the day I definitely over trained -- running in the morning, sparring in the afternoon, and abs with some cardio in the evening.  It was an intense day and even Coach Madman tried to step in, call me on my over training, and get me to relax.

I could remember today as the day I got back to celebrating Happy Ice Cream Wednesday.  After training tonight Coach Madman took me out for ice cream tonight.  Despite it creeping up there jn the late evening hours it was nice to sit back and relax, indulge in a treat, and be amused as I watched him eat two caramel sundaes.

I could remember today as being a special day for a lot of reasons but I'm pretty sure remembering it as the day I saw a dead body is what will stick.  We were on route to sparring today when we drove past it.  It laid there, the body, on someone's front lawn and two cops were standing there looking at it.  I pulled out my cellphone to take a video (I know, gross but I was curious) and then one of the police officers yelled at me so we sped away.

I saw a dead body in the afternoon on a beautiful Wednesday.  That's how I'll remember today.  Nasty.

No comments: