As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

A Bit Overwhelmed... Tuesday, June 21

I lost my fight in Mexico and walked away being treated like I won.  This is the only real way I can explain or even begin to describe the amount of attention I've been getting from fans.  Even the Mexican promoter messaged me today to tell me he's a new fan of mine.  His kids message me too -- those kids are super awesome!

It's been a bit overwhelming though, I must admit it.  

People message me non stop.  I get any where from 20-30 fans messaging me a day, most of which are wanting to have conversations.  And now there are many of them that call me too.  Did you know that you can call someone via Facebook?!  Ya, I didn't know either until someone did.  

My crazed fan is back via a fake profile he made on Facebook.  He's been contacting me using this particular profile and was quite sweet to me... until he wasn't.  Wolves in sheep clothing, I tell you.  Still not too sure as to how he picked me or why.  Still not sure as to what he even wants from me beyond "verbal sparring".  I suppose I should be or could be flattered but I'm not.  

I have several fans that regularly message me on a daily bases and they're so super sweet to me.  I don't honestly feel worthy of the pure sweetness they bombard my Facebook inbox with but I try hard to respond to them throughout the day.  

It's a bit overwhelming though, trying to juggle my training, the upcoming launch of not only my company but also another project I'm working on, and then the fans constantly messaging me.  I'm also trying to set up some sparring with some current and new sparring partners who have asked to spar with me, so add that to the to-do-list.  It's a bit much to tell you the truth and today it got to me.

But tomorrow is a new day.

Tomorrow is going to be a fabulous day.

The other day I had voiced my concern and stress to Foo Man Choo and he said he was going to take the day off of work to come into Toronto and spend it with me.  That's happening tomorrow.  We've got nothing planned but that's the plan -- to do nothing but relax.  A day off of work, a day off of training, and a day of doing nothing but relaxing.  Is this even possible for me?!  I guess we'll see tomorrow. 

No comments: