As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Call Me Picky, that's Okay... Tuesday, June 26

I don't do dinner and by "dinner" I mean I don't do dinner out.

Dinner is a date and I don't date, and any meal out (at a restaurant) tends to be bigger than that which I'm accustomed to.  I eat 5-6 meals a day so dinner out meals I hit an hour of hangryness before dinner because I know the meal is going to be pretty much the size of 2 of my meals.  Breakfast is my biggest meal.  I don't care to eat such a large meal that late in the evening because 9 out of 10 times after that dinner out I won't be heading to the gym. I'll either be suffering from food coma, feeling too heavy or too relaxed, and it'll probably be too late for me to get in a solid workout at the gym.  

Breakfast is where it's at.

I'm an egg-junkie, a lover of omelettes.

My friends all know that I'll pretty much never ever say no to breakfast out unless it's a last minute request in which I can't change my plans.

Tonight I did dinner out.

It was an amazing dinner, sure, with sweet company, yes, but I definitely wasn't able to do anything after that meal except for lay on my bed and let Balboa sniff my fingers over and over.  Food coma kicked my butt and I came home so late from feasting on an impressive selection of smoked meats at a beautiful restaurant down on Parliment.

"A beautiful restaurant in Cabbagetown?!" a friend sarcastically asked.  Yes, it's true. Cabbagetown is pretty awesome once you look past the ghettoness of it but even that, the ghettoness of it, is what helps to build the amazing character of this place.

Anyways....

I had been asked out for dinner and it was beautiful but that's not to say that the stubborn Polack in me didn't complain about it all day leading up to it.  I had to change everything for it -- woke up extra early, had back-to-back meetings, had to carry around all my training gear for both weight training and boxing with me the entire day, and I had to carry my food too.  It was non stop for me today from 7:30am.  Left the house at 8am and didn't get back to about 5pm.  No afternoon nap and no down time in between training.

I'm complaining, yes.

I'm a tough one to please, yes and no.

I'm stubborn and have been left to do my own thing for too long, maybe.

Word of the wise, let's stick to doing breakfast until I've decided you're worth changing my whole entire day for this one meal.  I'd even stretch and do brunch or lunch, but dinner... that's a touchy one.

No comments: