As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Last Day of Him... Wednesday, July 13

An out-of-town visit from Foo Man Choo and a strong espresso downtown with Captain Bowtie, an overdose of Asian awesomeness that would regularly tickle me pink and make me feel as carefree as a bird didn't seem to work today. Sure it momentarily distracted me but I still couldn't shake what had happened on Monday night.

...and then just like that, at around 11:10pm, it was gone.

"He" had responded to a text message I had sent earlier, asking if he was sorry for what had happened.  Text messages back and forth resulted but I was out with someone, enjoying the evening and joking about things.  I divided my attention to share some with him, I shouldn't have.  My friend was right about him, about someone that does that to someone else ,and the proof was in what he responded with.   

Three days of smiles and giggles lost over this one particular guy, wow.  I feel like a fool.  If there's anything I got out of this nonsense though it's that I really do have an amazing crew of good friends and he's not deserving to be among those in my life.  Whether it was a long time friend from elementary school dropping me an email of encouragement, an ex boyfriend texting my phone to remind me to keep my chin up, friends giving me extra hugs, or my pool side crew offering advice, I have a lot of very positive beautiful people in my life who all believe in me and continually make me feel special, feel appreciated, and make me feel blessed for their presence in my life on a daily bases.  

I hope I am to them what they are to me.

I shouldn't have ever let someone, anyone,  get me down and keep me down for as embarrassingly long as they did.   If this were Korea I would have kept my guard up and would have protected myself but this is Canada and perhaps I left my guard back at the border, maybe it's back in Korea.  In trying to stay positive and not give this guy any more due attention where attention is definitely not deserved,  I'll say I'm thankful.  I'm thankful that it was sooner than later because he may have met one of my kicks$$ awesome friends but he doesn't deserve to meet any more of them. He's lucky he even got to meet one and I don't even believe in luck.

I used to say I don't share my men or my food but forget the men.  They come and they go.  I don't share my food or my friends.

No comments: