As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, July 07, 2016

Lots of Sweat but No Water... Thursday, July 7

Guess who totally forgot that their apartment building's water would be turned off today and they didn't set aside any water?!

This silly Polack right here --> Amy... ME!!!

I woke up for my early morning chiropractor appointment and returned home only to realize that the water was turned off.   It had been turned off at 9:30am, when I was out of the house.  There was that moment of debate, many moments of debate actually, when I contemplated how to use what little water I had salvaged from my water bottle on my night table and random ones in the fridge.

Wash my hands or coffee? .... Coffee. 
Wash the dishes or coffee? ... Coffee. 
Protein shake or coffee? .... Umm,  do you have to ask?!  COFFEE.

Coffee, it's the fuel of champions!!!

Returned home from boxing and the water was still turned off.  I would have had enough water to sponge bathe myself down somewhat, that is if I didn't use all my remaining water on coffee.  No worries though, I have a massive source of water -- hello apartment pool!!!

Showed up at the pool looking rough and already soaked, because of boxing, and jumped right in.  Finished my laps and then headed back home.

WATER WAS BACK ON.... Hip, hip, hooray!!!

I definitely earned my shower today, yikes, and I definitely drank way too much coffee.

No comments: